Thursday, October 11, 2012

Waiting...

Yesterday my fellow missionaries arrived in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I am very excited for our new mission team and the ways God has been providing. I would have never imagined this is what the Lord had in store.

I think their moving makes my upcoming move in January more real and at the same time, it still feels a bit surreal. I'm still living in Dallas, going about my daily grind, still checking off things on my to-do lists...still waiting. This whole waiting thing seems to be a theme in my life in the past, well, maybe 2-3 years. 

In my limited perspective I feel like there are many aches and longings that I communicate to the Lord, and I often feel as if I'm still waiting for Him to respond. Given that I feel I've been in a season of waiting for quite some time, adding on Haiti to waiting list can be challenging for me.

But you know how often times, something in your life keeps happening over and over again? The circumstances are different, but the same struggle seems to raise its little head up to meet you? That is usually when I come to realize that maybe, just maybe, the Lord is trying to teach me something, and He is using different avenues to do so. He is so patient, and at the same time so relentless in His pursuit for every part of me. 

So maybe, even though I feel like I've been waiting forever to rid myself of insecurity, or enter into my vocation, or be sent on the Lord's mission - maybe He has already broken many chains of insecurities that I've failed to even notice, maybe I can begin entering into my vocation by allowing the Lord to have me exactly where He has me, maybe I've already been "sent" many times but it hasn't looked like the way I would have expected. So yes, I am in a season of waiting but that doesn't mean the Lord isn't invested in my heart, that doesn't mean that nothing is happening - because believe me a whole lot has happened in the past 2-3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment