Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Shepherd's Cafe

So last night was my last night at The Shepherd's Cafe. I have been on staff with TSC for the past 2 years and it has been an incredible blessing in my life. We (the staff) are like one big family. We have laughed together so hard that we end up in tears, we have prayed together, we have shed tears when things are hard, we have made things work when we it seemed impossible, we have journeyed with our beloved CFR friars, and we have been blessed to meet several Catholic artists that are truly seeking after God's own heart - all the while enjoying some great coffee and having the privilege to enter into the Lord's vineyard through Mission Coffee Ministries.

Words can't fully describe how much I love my Shepherd's Cafe family - the transition from full-time missions back into working at a hospital in a totally new city (I moved from Georgia to Dallas in 2010) was one of the hardest things I've done. I left my family, my friends & my missionary family all in one fell swoop.  When God opened the door for me to join TSC, my heart was just so encouraged. I was welcomed with open arms and time and time again I was told that "we are a family" and that "we are here for each other." It's amazing to me that I have grown to love a group of people so much - and to be honest I'm tearing up thinking about the fact that I won't get to see them as often as I have been blessed to over the past 2 years. But alas, I know we are united in the Eucharist so that gives my heart consolation.

Last night, at the very end of the cafe, Yong asked me to come up in front of everybody to be prayed over...so I'm pretty shy depending on the setting, and since I wasn't prepared for this, Lauren (one of our staff members) and Becca (a dear friend of mine) had to literally push me so I would walk towards the stage haha :) I'm glad they did, I was prayed over by the staff and whole bunch of people that attended the cafe that night (a large crew from UD was present) and I was very blessed. It was an answered prayer because given my crazy work schedule (I work in the Emergency Department at a children's hospital, night shift) I have not been able to settle down into one particular parish. I go to mass wherever I can given my work schedule, so I haven't gotten a chance to get to know the people at any particular parish. I was thinking it would be nice to be sent off in prayer by one of the parishes I have been a part of, and last night that desire in my heart was answered :)

If you are ever in Dallas, check out The Shepherd's Cafe. I know you will be blessed just as much as I have been.


This song is pretty appropriate, I was listening to it while typing this up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment